+
C-rappy Cacophony

Saturday, December 11, 2004

MS...A tribute!



No one would ever call me an avid enthusiast of Carnatic music,but with the limited knowledge that I have gained through the sporadic listening to the early morning bhajans and the evergreen "Shuprabatham" songs,I can proclaim that MS.Subbulakshmi commands a special respect from me and many other grieving souls of the music world!
MS has left us forever,but her voice shall linger in our hearts for many more generations to come!

As I posted this picture of M.S,I couldn't help noticing the divine radiance emanating from her face,something aptly referred to as "Tejas" by my grand parents,who would be really feeling miserable over her demise!
I have a sad feeling as I listen to her "Shuprabhadham" rendition now!The mornings in most of the south Indian houses shall never remain the same from now on,with the thought that person behind the divine rendition is no more alive!
As claimed in her "Kurai onrum illai" song,I presume that she had had no regrets in her life!

I,sincerely thank her for her selfless service to the music community and pray that her soul rests in peace!

"People came and left,leaving a lot of noise...
MS has left and still'd stay due to her voice!!"

-Raapi


Posted by rajesh |


« Home | Apsara - 6 » //-->





Add a comment:

Name
Website   Html allowed : <a>, <b>, <i>

 


 © C-rappy Cacophony 2005 - Powered by Blogger Templates for Blogger