+
C-rappy Cacophony

Tuesday, October 11, 2005

Requiem for the phone...Rest in peace/piece...!

Wish I had known this when I dropped my cellphone in water last week!
The poor little gizmo rests in peace/piece at home as I start my search for the next best thing!

Few things I realised from the accident...
1)Don't have your cellphone in vibration mode and set it atop the washbasin/kitchen sink!The phone magically moves,as if its bitten by the sleepwalking bug, due to the vibration and due to the smooth texture of the sink.

2)So,the phone fell into the sink/into a vessel with water.Don't try to wash it with hamam soap and clean it with a towel!Okay..now listen..I din't do that kind of a stupid thing!

3)Try to remember the phone number of atleast 1 or 2 of your closest buddies and save the embarassment from asking them to send their phone numbers through email!It sends all the wrong signals as to..What the hell...u know me since 6 yrs and u ask for my cellfone number now??

4)Try to have an iota of cellphone geekiness and fiddle around with the sim card/settings etc well before the doomsday/accident occurs.

5)Don't panic and get caught unawares about the basic functions of the phone.If you notice there are atleast 5 or 6 buttons other than the number buttons on the phone and I don't know why they are there!Just a call and end-call buttong should have been enough!

6)Don't just expect your phone to be used only for talking.Things have changed in the past few years.People expect their phone to take pictures/show movies/play games/chat/browse email/sing songs/act as remote control for the tv/act as modem to be connected to the internet on the road and whatnot!

7)Don't be surprised to see phones that could be used for other purposes too..the ones that could be used as pen..the ones that could be used as a cigarette lighter..the ones that have a bulb attached to be used a torch light..the ones that could be used as a shaver..Bottomline is..a phone should do anything and everything apart from being a means for talking!

8)Textmessaging is not as cool as it seems to be!The text letters embossed over the number panes are too small and mostly 3 poor ltl alphabet thingies share 1 single button!Even the liliputians would have a hard time to locate them and press them correctly!Considering the amount of time and effort the text-messaging needs,I would rather hit the talk button and speak my heart out to the one I was trying to textmessage in the first place!

9)Daytime minutes at the end of the month is akin to the last piece of bread for a beggar!People save and use it as judiciously as possible as if it would be the end of the world if they were to overshoot the free allocated minutes.

10)As much as it seems trivial,life without a cellphone seems to be miserable.So..y'all buddies out there.Please take a minute and send me your cellphone numbers to raaapi@gmail.com .I promise I shall call you once I get my next little cellphone!

-Raapi


Posted by rajesh |


« Home | Desi Raapp...i » //-->





Add a comment:

Name
Website   Html allowed : <a>, <b>, <i>

 


 © C-rappy Cacophony 2005 - Powered by Blogger Templates for Blogger