+
C-rappy Cacophony

Sunday, December 19, 2004

India trip 2004 - A curtain raiser

I hear my friends talk joyously about spending deepavali or New year and describe the festive atmosphere during the season,but being a desi in America,the only ritual or festival that comes close to anything to the likes of diwali or pongal is the annual India trip!!
Yeah!It is happening again!My visit to India starts next week!This time it is going to span only 20 days but the excitement remains the same!Not many friends remain in India to receive me or go around,but then my family and relatives would make sure I am always flocked wherever I go!
This season coincides with the yearly mad shopping season in the U.S and it has had an added effect on the shopping extragavanza!Things have been bought recklessly without even associating the person who would be using it in India!The expectation that America has created on the kids(read cousins) in India,from the previous trips has to be met or exceded everytime I visit India!
At first the shopping phase started pleasantly with an enthusiastic group of friends visiting the malls and picking the choiciest stuff,but then it has started to becoming too boring!There is no interest anymore and the thought of buying even mundane things even for me brings in a distasteful feeling!
The thought about the 36 hr span to reach India makes me feel sick and I just wish it vanishes!Also,the mad schedule of trips during my stay in India frightens me.I would be travelling twice between Madras to Dharmapuri,then to trichy,then twice to Bangalore within the 3 weeks!That is really going to be tiresome!
Anyways,all these things are eclipsed by the mere thought of going to India!Albeit a very short period,it is going to be a welcome change for me!Hoping to meet as many friends and relatives as possible between Dec 28th to Jan 16th.
Adios..
-Raapi


Posted by rajesh |


« Home | AID » //-->





Add a comment:

Name
Website   Html allowed : <a>, <b>, <i>

 


 © C-rappy Cacophony 2005 - Powered by Blogger Templates for Blogger