+
C-rappy Cacophony

Tuesday, February 26, 2008

Pick up your phone ... for Godsake!

This is the phrase that I have exclaiming quite often these days.

I have been noticing a bunch of my friends never picking their phone calls and it just gets irritating if that act of ignoring someone's call is not sporadic and has become some sort of a cool habit.The explanation that these guys give when they call back after a few weeks' time to respond to that missed call is so pathetic and completely unbelievable.It would be anything from...'Hey,I had my phone switched off as I was in a meeting' to 'I was right in the middle of my bungy-jumping when you called'.I would feel like blasting saying...'Who are you bullshitting man?It was Friday night and saturday early morning that I called you and where on earth does one conduct a meeting? This has been happening not just when I am the caller.I have very clearly noticed a few people quite non-chalantly listening to the ringtone and ignoring whosever call it may be that came to their cellphone and they do this not when they are in the middle of some flight training activity or high speed car racing activity but almost always when they are boringly watching TV or doing nothing meaningful.

Having custom ringtones is one thing that helps these guys cultivate this habit.Identifying people through the ringtones and quite remarkably ignoring them is not something to be proud off.If one doesn't have the interest to talk to someone,why even give one's phone number to that person? Artificial relationships just for the sake of having it and maintaining it quite painfully is the standard nowadays and the increasing number of voluntarily missed call stand testimony to it.

The next time when you carelessly ignore a call on your phone,just remember that it may be something urgent.It could very well be that 'not-so-important' friend of yours calling,but he might be calling to notify you of your house burning or someone much dearer to you stuck in some accident!

So,Pick up your phone...Please...Not just for Gods sake,rather for your/your family's sake!

-Raapi


Posted by rajesh |


« Home | AMD: To Merge Or Not To Merge? | Tom's Hardware » //-->





Add a comment:

Name
Website   Html allowed : <a>, <b>, <i>

 


 © C-rappy Cacophony 2005 - Powered by Blogger Templates for Blogger