+
C-rappy Cacophony

Sunday, December 04, 2005

Quarter-life crisis?

This seems to be a phase when..
1)I feel I am no more a kid and need to be consulted by the family on decisions which is not even related to me.
2)anything and everything that I come across is treated with skepticism and too much scrutiny by me.
3)I feel theres only a handful of close friends who really are close and are wellwishers.
4)chocolates and icecreams don't really appeal much and in fact seem to bring up memories of the evil monsters attacking a healthy body.
5)a sense of helpless contentment has settled in with respect to what I have studied,to where I have landed myself in a job and what more I need to do in the near future.
6)a dose of arrogance accompanies every statement or argument that I try to put forth.
7)games such as cricket seem to be something that needs to be only watched and not something which I should take part.
8)when I can feel my friends and cousins of my age graduate to the next phases of their lives,while nothing seems to have changed for me since the last 5 years,
9)when even the much hated curd rice seems to be quite astonishingly palatable and no objections are being raised by the tongue.
10)when cooking seems to be fun but the washing of vessels wards off the enthusiasm to cook.
11)when everytime the word "India" gets mentioned in the news/websites/company newsletters,the mind subconsciously pays more attention to it and feels proud for some unknown reason.
12)when the mind conveniently forgets to remember those old-aged grandma and grandpa,who infact keep thinking abt me atleast once a day.
13)when walking a few steps from the apartment to the mailbox/garbage dump area seems to be a tiring task.
14)when every tamil movie seems to be stupid and a sense of pathetic satisfaction emerges once everyone of them is watched without paying any money.
15)every song in a movie seems to resemble some other old song and yet they sneak into the playlist to be listened at work.
16)when temple visits are reduced to mere prasadham eating sessions and the only known 'gajaananam slogam' seems to silently slip out of my mouth unmindful of whatever I think of while looking at the idols.

Got many more of such mundane yet different feeling,but I guess everybody goes through such things at whatever point of life they are in.Its the babies that are the luckiest -They got all their life in front of them and have nothing much to worry.

-Raapi


Posted by rajesh |


« Home | Rogue Blogging ..stirred from Lazygeek's post » //-->





when you look at a few alphabets together, you wonder if you are being stupid to think that they could be the abbriviation of a hindi flick or a soap. and deep inside you know you are right!!

Posted by Anonymous Anonymous #  

~Oo°~

when you look at a few alphabets together, you wonder if you are being stupid to think that they could be the abbriviation of a hindi flick or a soap. and deep inside you know you are right!!

Posted by Anonymous Anonymous #  

~Oo°~

Add a comment:

Name
Website   Html allowed : <a>, <b>, <i>

 


 © C-rappy Cacophony 2005 - Powered by Blogger Templates for Blogger