+
C-rappy Cacophony

Monday, October 13, 2003

the feeling still lingers...

Its been almost 2 weeks since I am back from India,but still the feeling hasnt yet vanished.I still keep thinking about the great time I had there.Life is really much more pleasant amidst people who care and at places which are very familiar.
I felt I should jot down some memories,lest they start disappearing from my mind slowly..
Madras..The first few days of this trip,I spent at Madras.Nothing can beat the feeling that one has upon coming out of the airport..kinda like how they show criminals coming out of the jails,in movies!Its so refreshing and loads of joy bundled ,when we see our folks after a long time!
The heat was as usual an integral part of the chennai life.But that would nt matter to any madrasi.Had great food at various restaurants..avm saravana bhavan/sangeetha etc.Went shopping at Globus/spencers.But I felt some stuff costed almost equivalent to what they would cost here at U.S!
PONDICHERRY..Spent 2 days at Paati's place.As usual went t the aurobindo ashram n beach!
COIMBATORE .. Spent around 75% of my time here.A pretty decent place with a wonderful weather.Ate a lot of banana chips and it varius cousins like chakka chips/topioca chips etc etc..Krishna sweets served to be a fav destination.Lots of mysore-paa n halwa rolled down my belly!!
R.S PURAM/Saibaba Colony were 2 places that seemed worthy as a place to live at coimbatore akin to thillainagar at Trichy!!
BANGALORE..the place that I started to dread since my last India trip.But had t go there for the sake of relatives...Spent more hours in autorickshaw rides than at home.Bangaloreans r joking when they say they live in bangalore..most of them live somewer near mysore/extreme unreachable places and call themselves as bangalore residents.
PALGHAT..THE ONLY PLACE THAT STANDS OUT..from other places that I visited.The place and the occasion of my trip there was excellent.I was there during ONAM and had a great time revisiting the ancient traditional stuff.I even took time to make a floral display n front f my cousin's house called "Pookalam".Had Onam satthi food and enjoyed being with the set of relatives for whom i have great respect and care!Went to Guruvayur and other temples.Had a memrable trip!
Back to madras and time to leave.The 5 week trip just comes to screeching stop.Mind is filled with loads of fond memories which will keep it fuelled till the next trip !
- Rajesh


Posted by rajesh |


« Home | character » //-->





Add a comment:

Name
Website   Html allowed : <a>, <b>, <i>

 


 © C-rappy Cacophony 2005 - Powered by Blogger Templates for Blogger