+
C-rappy Cacophony

Monday, January 19, 2004

munnabhai...too good

This weekend I saw 2 Hindi movies after a very long time.I had mixed feelings towards the movies.While both have them have been talked about being the Box-Office hits in current times,I felt a marked difference in these 2 films- Kal Ho Na Ho and Munnabhai M.B.B.S.
Munnabhai M.B.B.S was a classic movie with lots of entertainment and the entire movie made me laugh heartily.It was a decent performance from most of the actors in it and Sanjay Dutt bringing in some great comedy.I felt it really deserved the appreciation its been getting in the media.It had some entirely different story when compared to the regular triangular love/Gangwar-Police stories.
The other movie Kal Ho na Ho-I didn't watch it entirely yet,but having watched half way through the movie,I have already got the feeling as if I ve watched this movie 4 or 5 times.Its too stereotyped and started irritating me with its predictable move in the story.The fact that it is just a small variation of the old hindi flick-Anand stands testimony to this movie's predictability.Shahrukh Khan once again put up his oft-repeated acting style.I find his mannerisms too artificial and its well evident that his dialogues have been memorised and just spit out in front of the camera.There was no element of a surprise in his speech and his artificial ever-echoing laughter seemed too pedestrian.
Another thing I noticed in these movies was that,the Hindi actors/actresses seem to speak at the top of their voices.Most of the scenes were there were only 2 people conversing with each other,it seemed as if they were speaking loud enough for the entire neighborhood to hear thier voice.
May be I have been used to the kind of Mani-ratnam type soft,pleasant dialogues which are terse yet very meaningful.Anyway,I would like to conclude here today saying that Munnbhai MBBS was better than the other movie and the cool Mumbai slangs were too too cool.It is worth another watch.
-Raapi


Posted by rajesh |


« Home | Enga maapla H1 visa holder ..maami!!Unga maapla?? » //-->





Add a comment:

Name
Website   Html allowed : <a>, <b>, <i>

 


 © C-rappy Cacophony 2005 - Powered by Blogger Templates for Blogger