+
C-rappy Cacophony

Wednesday, March 31, 2004

ARReh!!...man!!watzthis A.R.Rehman?

Just I was basking under the enchanting music of A.R.R in aaytha-ezhuthu and considered myself to be afflicted with Rehmania the entire last week,I was put to a rude shock in the form of music from the upcoming movie "NEW".I could very well feel the step-motherly treatment meted out to this movie by A.R.R.Almost all of the 6 songs I heard were quite pedestrian and unrehmanistic.I scanned through Raaga.com's tamil section page a number of times to look out for one decent song I had heard in "Naani"(telegu version of New) but figured out that that specific song was not included in tamil.That song "Pedave Palikina" took me by amazement just because it made me realise that its the music that counts and not really the language in A.R.R's music.One of my Andhra friends enlightened me that the lyrics of the song related to mother-"amma".I would have been happy to listen and appreciate its lyrics had it been available in tamil.
Now coming to the tamil version-NEW.A.R.R definitely has given us a sub-standard piece of music through this album.I couldn't stand the Blazee song and the next song with the same lyrics as a popular old tamil song(thottal poo malarum) was disgusting to hear as it sounded as if the old MGR hit song was being sung in an out of sync fashion.By the way I still love to hear that MGR hit sung by TMS rather than this peice.I don't know what ARR was trying to prove with that song.
Spiderman Spiderman is an okay okay song and it sounded better in the telugu version.
The sakkara song in tamil was totally irritating with irrelevant lyrics as was the Kumbakonam song.I could feel the pulse of other listeners too from the ratings that each song got in the Raaga webpage.I am pretty sure the audio sales of "New" would definitely take a bad hit.
Just as I write this piece,I am reminded of my earlier post where I spoke about morons airing their views about any occurrence.This is an excellent example of it.Do you even think A.R.R would even give a cat's ass to this blog's views?
-Raapi


Posted by rajesh |


« Home | blogging..Mind boggling?? » //-->





Add a comment:

Name
Website   Html allowed : <a>, <b>, <i>

 


 © C-rappy Cacophony 2005 - Powered by Blogger Templates for Blogger