+
C-rappy Cacophony

Monday, October 04, 2004

:(...AnnA...):

The word 'Anna' in my vernacular refers to "elder Brother"!But It is one such term which brings in 2 or 3 different pictures in my mind everytime I hear/see it!I am sure this would be the same feeling with any other Tamilian.

Heres a short description of each one of those ph(r)ases and why I detest hearing that term altogether!!.

The first thing that comes to mind when I hear the word Anna,is the obvious meaning of being an elder brother!I cherish being my little sister Dr.C's elder brother - the lovely anna,who calls her every weekend and has great fun talking to her.But then,the irony is that that is the only legitimate relationship where I should be called an Anna and she never addresses me that way .:(((

Instead,what I have noticed is that 'Anna' is a modern day relationship which is being royally abused by the 'instant sisters'(read as unrelated girls)of this age.It is not an uncommon episode anymore to hear me or any of my buddies narrate yet another emotional,tearjerking incident wherein some clever girl readily came forward to make us one of her million other Annas.Being Anna for the first few times was too nice as it sent in a feeling of achievement and self satisfaction of having been very decent and kind enough to have bonded well with a biologically unrelated girl and earned her confidence in confiding many details with us.But then,the term starts to take its toll on us when it becomes a norm for almost every girl to mercilessly use it as a weapon against us.

Yes!!Anna is a term I have started to detest.There is no dearth of this stupid Anna title that is being awarded time and again to the poor guys,who don't even take pains to get nominated for that title.It makes me wonder if this breed of guys are really so nice and brotherly or are the so-called sisters being very cautious and shrewd,trying to define a strong line of safety,way early in the beginning to stay away from any advances from their fit_only_to_be_annas!

The second and third feeling that the word Anna brings to my mind are the personalities Aringyar Anna and Anna Kournikova.They have become such a cliched word that it is boring to see/hear these terms.The dravidian parties in Tamilnadu mercilessly denigrating the dead potician's reputation and claiming to be working towards his visions,is disgusting!"Anna naamam Vaazhga" - I hate to see that phrase at the end of every ruffian's speech nowadays!

Anna Kournikova...hmm..I agree she is hot but then cmon.for how long?I sometimes get a feeling that she has been playing tennis miserably for some 20 years now.Cmon give us a break!Our calendars deserve the picture of some other person!Liberate us from the world of Anna posters in our bedroom walls!

No more ANNAs in the ANNAls of our lifetime..is the only thing that we ask for!

Disclaimer(to those sisters):The above written stuff needs to be taken in a light vein.Thou shall not call and berate me for being so.Thou shall not feel that you have been silly all along.Thou shall not shed yet another precious tear of yours,yet again,trapping us in that brotherland of no return.

As I shamelessly remain,

- Your Anna



Posted by rajesh |


« Home | The Graduates!! » //-->





Add a comment:

Name
Website   Html allowed : <a>, <b>, <i>

 


 © C-rappy Cacophony 2005 - Powered by Blogger Templates for Blogger