+
C-rappy Cacophony

Thursday, September 30, 2004

What tax bracket does HE come into?

I was wondering if the Indian Income tax department collects taxes from this billionaire?Yes!I am talking about the Lord Himself!All through the years of my existence,I have periodically(read as almost every 2 or 3 months) been hearing him getting multi-million dollar worth offerings or gifts,whose worth I can't even explain in any numerical figure as I don't think they have even coined a term for 1 followed by 30 or 40 zeroes!

They say God doesnt differentiate between the status of his devotees,whther the rich or the poor or the middleclass Madhavan!But I dint know what they intended was,he doesnt differentiate who offers him the donations,whether it comes from the rich - a 1 crore crown,the illegal money of Harshad Mehta or even a 1 Re offering from the average Joe!Thats ridiculous!Some law needs to be enforced against donations to the temples,which instead could be used for the public!

A 11.5 kg Gold crown!!!Is that the thing that is going to solve the world's problems?Even if the Gods' hunger were to be satisfied,why would someone emburden his head with a 11.5 kgs?When I look at such acts of stupity in the name of devotion,I feel ashamed of my religion and its fanatic followers,which include even my near and dear ones!

So..Here you go..another feather,apparently worth 1.5 crores, gets added to HIS cap,thanks to Mr.Jayendra Saraswathi!

Rs 1.5 cr gold crown for Lord Venkateswara


Posted by rajesh |


« Home | Orkuttans and Orkutties.. » //-->





Add a comment:

Name
Website   Html allowed : <a>, <b>, <i>

 


 © C-rappy Cacophony 2005 - Powered by Blogger Templates for Blogger