+
C-rappy Cacophony

Sunday, July 10, 2005

I'm mortal or immortal ?

2 things..

- I observed that suddenly there was a spurt of emails in our family yahoogroup showering genuine praises on a departed soul,which was a second cousin to my dad's side.It felt good to see that everybody recollected only pleasant memories of the oct0genarian.The benevolence,the funny nature,the respect that he commanded - everything was being elaborated in the emails,with utmost sincerity.
But it struck me that this person had lived 87 years and I had never got the opportunity to hear all this about him till now,but suddenly he is dead and now all his goodness is being unearthed as hes been earthed - What an irony!This is not to say that what is being spoken abt is false or anything,its just ironical that the ultimate tribute a person gets is only upon his passing away,depriving him of the opportunity to realise what a great person he was when he lived!

-I was reminded of my own grandfather and it struck me that it has been so many years since I even looked at one of his photographs.I tried to dig into some own photo albums and was finally able to chance upon 1 dilapidated photograph,where the great person continued to live,despite his demise 20 years ago,with his majestic stance and beaming smile!
Hes not an Edison or a Newton to leave an indelible mark on life to remind his existence almost every passing minute,but he does continue to live in the minds of his dozen offsprings and scores of grandsons and grand-daughter's memories!
Coming to think of it,I am not an Edison or Newton either and I think very many years later,if my grandson wanted to unearth some stuff about to me,all hes got to do is search for my name in 'Google'!Thanks to blogging and the million other internet related places that I visit,I am pretty sure,it wouldn't be a problem to trace me!
I'm mortal but in a way immortal too!

Finally,heres a tribute to Thaatha and Paati,the great people who everyone in the family,now desperately yearns to talk about and relive the wonderful times some of the fortunate ones were endowed to spend with them...



-Raapi


Posted by rajesh |


« Home | Baby BoysRus » //-->





Add a comment:

Name
Website   Html allowed : <a>, <b>, <i>

 


 © C-rappy Cacophony 2005 - Powered by Blogger Templates for Blogger