+
C-rappy Cacophony

Thursday, December 04, 2003

Sinecure?

I ve always wondered as to how productive the engineers in any company are?They come straight from the univs mostly,after a brief stint as an r-a or a T-a,having worked their asses for their professors for the meagre emoluments, they received at the end of the month,after a hefty cut in the form of income taxes,insurance and what not.But once such a person enters a professional organisation as a salaried worker,the attitude changes drastically.The feeling that the company wouldn't come to a stop if that person slacks around,makes way for deep trouble.I find so many people in my company and sometimes even me,under-utilised.I feel ashamed to be in a position of a sinecure,who enjoys hefty pay-checks for minor tasks.I have also started subscribing to the theory that as the person reaches higher in the ladder,with higher qualifications,the probability of remaining a sinecure increases,i.e,once a reputation has been established,there is no question of any person doubting the sinecure's capabilities and he easily escapes with less-critical jobs and non-laborious activities.
How I wish,I come out of this gloomy good-for-nuthing feeling soon.I am sure I would be entrusted with greater responsibilities once I develop a greater undertanding of the job aspects.
I noticed the dates on my blog and it struck me that I havent been writing much these days..I was in a holiday mood and had a great thanxgiving get-together with some folks with whom I always yearn to be spending my life.I went to NC,NY and NJ along with my undergrad frends/roomates.It was a blast.My personal satisfaction arises from the fact that I broke the ever-worrying jinx I had developed about trips/tours.I was pretty focussed in the trip this time and made sure there wasn't any glitches or loopholes for any kind of untoward happening.Having said all this,I would like to admit that it was kind of a surprise for me when I realised that times had changed and the frequencies of my frends had changed.At times,I dint feel comfortable amidst their company and felt that that was due to the complex changes my charactr had gone through having been isolated from friends and family for about 3 or 4 years.I am sure that my friends would have also found me different than my college days.So many entities change as time passes and I learnt that even friends come under that category.
-raapi

ny snaps ..scroll to the bottom


Posted by rajesh |


« Home | Seduced by Big Mama : HindustanTimes.com » //-->





Add a comment:

Name
Website   Html allowed : <a>, <b>, <i>

 


 © C-rappy Cacophony 2005 - Powered by Blogger Templates for Blogger