+
C-rappy Cacophony

Saturday, January 31, 2004

A wider,weird,wired world!

I was just thinking about how my life has been drastically changed due to the internet.Until 3 or 4 years ago,the web world was a luxury and I hardly spent any money or time fiddling with its unmeasureable bandwidth of information/junk.But now,life has completely changed.I can't imagine a single day being cut off from the web.At office,if one was to have a counter to make note of everytime I refresh my yahoomail or msn mail,it would easily reach a 1000 hits per day.The curiousity of the mind to figure out if somebody has mailed me any info,whether personal or even a forwarded mail,makes it bump back and forth to the inboxes.
A normal day begins with a hot cup of coffee logging into the most fav news websites and the yahoo/hotmail account.The note saying that there are 3 unread messages springs a sense of happiness which almost instantly drowns down upon noticing that 2 of them are junk mails and the other one is a forward from a friend whose face is hard to remember but whose boring fwd mails are hard to forget.
The world of chat has brought a different meaning to the concept of friends.I have made so many new friends,whom I have never even seen but are very very close and passionate.May be it is due to the fact that there is a distance and a feeling of a strong facade that even some girls have come forward to interact and express their views freely.I definitely feel that but for the safe,secure feeling emanating out of the internet,many would have not come out in the open.
Coming to the world of blogs.This was an unexplored vista of the internet world that suddenly came into the picture with a bang around an year ago.The fact that every person has his own individuality and creative thought process was very efficiently brought out by the blog medium.I have been able to understand many friends better and also rectify my false impressions of considering some dullhead to be an erudite person,with the aid of their blogs.
I definitely feel that the internet has made a world of difference in my life.My interaction even with my parents has increased manyfolds due to the daily chats and emails.I sometimes feel,I have spoken more with my dad in these 4 years being away from him,when compared to when I was living with him.Such is the effect that it is having in me.But then,I feel it has brought in a high sense of ennui and monotonous routine.
Life has been reduced to expressing happiness through smileys,expressing urgency through offliners,expressing grudges through flaming blogs and many more such idiosyncracies associated with the wired world.We definitely dwell in a wider,weird,wired cosmo!!
-raapi


Posted by rajesh |


« Home | food for thought..hmmm..fodder for timepass » //-->





Add a comment:

Name
Website   Html allowed : <a>, <b>, <i>

 


 © C-rappy Cacophony 2005 - Powered by Blogger Templates for Blogger