+
C-rappy Cacophony

Thursday, February 05, 2004

good looking...teetotaller...good habits...decent family...

The title of this blog contains some of the common words that I very often come across when I browse through the matrimonial websites,namely Shaadi.com and Tamilmatrimony.com.I still don't know why some of my friends looked at me as if I had commited a sin,when they heard me talk abt spending/killing my weekends visiting these websites.Although I accept that there is no purpose/element of seriousness in my visits,I had a basic understanding that the purpose of such websites and the ads placed over there in public,was for people to look at them.Anyway let the dialogue rendering guys keep up their work,I have no reason to quit browsing these websites.If not for any productive work,it helps me atleast pass my abundant useless time.
It was kind of a great eye-opener to me.I was surprised to see the current trend in matrimony.Every alliance seeker sang the same old song."Looking for a guy who is a teetotaller,good looking.He should be from a decent family and have good habits."The first question that arose in my mind was..if this is the basic requirement what is going to happen to the millions of smokers and beer-guzzling guys out there?Are their breed going to die down slowly?The next question was..Was it not foolish to ask for a person to be from a decent family? Would anybody categorise himself coming from an indecent family and ignore that ad?
Some of my other observations were
***It really is a painful phase for some of the parents looking for an alliance for their girls.Feel very sorry for many of the faces peeping out of the webpage portraying a sorry look ,looking for the man of their dreams.At first it did not hit me hard,but then upon visiting the page after a span of 2 months,it was pathetic to notice the same faces still hanging in there.I have seen some of these girls age an year in these ads.Wondering about the travails of this flock of people and what the society and family has branded them..
***The ads placed by the guys seem to be much more enthusiastic and brimming with confidence.Most of them are very carefree and show no shyness in putting up lengthy descriptions with peculiar demands.Some of them try to win the confidence of their prospective mates with the aid of their silly photos.
***Some ads get etched in the minds due to the amusing profile description/demands.One of them was from a gal's mom which said "MTV guys from the yo-yo generation..Pls excuse us"..I jus cannot resist laughing whenever I think of it.
***Girls cannot have a photo taken with their natural looks in a natural environment.Almost every one of them has an assumed facial expression and the surrounding locale is still the age-old studio with an wooden table and a very bad wallpaper in the background!
***Every tamil guy is a teetotaller.By default every guy has the B.E/M.S qualification tag attached to him.Wondering how the BSc/Bcom guys ever get married.
***Every tamil girl is tall,fair and beautiful.Evrybody prefers their guy to hold a H1 visa or green card.
***I sincerely wish that my observations don't hurt the sentiments of any person who is seriously involved in bringing out a successful outcome either for themselves or their near and dear ones,through these websites.
***I pray that the next time I visit the websites,I find fresh new faces ;) out there,in the sense that ...I wish all the people in there right now, to be successful in their search!
-Raapi


Posted by rajesh |


« Home | JanuWorries & FebraWorries » //-->





Add a comment:

Name
Website   Html allowed : <a>, <b>, <i>

 


 © C-rappy Cacophony 2005 - Powered by Blogger Templates for Blogger